Day One consisted of confirming what Charles has suspected the past week...I'm pregnant. Test #1 was conducted Thursday night (June 7) and was positive. But me, being the stubborn person I am, insisted on taking another test the next morning (June 8), because, surely, it was wrong. It wasn't. The real shock of the situation set in on me immediately. Charles, on the other hand, was a 5 year old on Christmas morning screaming like a wild banshee on the balcony. Don't get me wrong, it's exciting. But it's also terrifying, shocking, and overwhelming at the same time. First task was to talk to my boss; everything went smoothly. Will talk to HR next week about my maternity options and such. Task 2: tell my mom; also smooth. Task 3: The girls. All of whom are very excited about becoming aunts. And I must say this child will be smothered by aunts. If it's a boy, he will be a very lucky boy. As Friday came to an end, I was becoming VERY sleepy and my head was beginning to hurt. Which brings us to today...
I woke up with a migraine. Not just any migraine. A crazy my-head-is-going-to-explode-if-someone-doesn't-inject-me-with-some-morphine-migraine. But guess what? Since I'm pregnant, the medicinal options quickly diminish. Now what's a mother-to-be to do with a migraine and nothing but some lousy tylenol? Call every doctor and OB-GYN in the neighboring states for advice. A few rude operators and doctor assistants later, combined with a brief emotional breakdown, I found myself willingly downing a Tylox, since it has no known harmful side effects to the little Bambino, and chowing down on some homemade stew (gotsta get my veggies!). An hour later, on the phone with Sonya, I found myself abruptly hanging up the phone and praying to the porcelain gods while Charles held my hair (I'm sure that was a lovely sight). Pretty sure it was the Tylox, since it usually makes me sick, but if not, morning sickness is going to be a beast. 2 ice packs and 3 additional trips to the bathroom later, I was lying in agony on the sofa. It's now 10:30pm and my headache is slowly edging its way back into my brain. Hopefully it will be better by tomorrow morning. So far I've acquired just about every symptom possible in the first trimester: frequent urination, soreness of breasts, tiredness, nausea, vomiting, did I mention frequent urination. I'm contemplating diapers. We calculated an online due date..it said January 28. But we won't know for sure until we go to the doc sometime next week. Until next time kids...keep all of us in your prayers. The first belly pic coming soon!
Wordless Wednesday 04/11/2012
14 years ago
7 comments:
Awww Kelli Im so happy for you and Im so sorry for all of the sickness:( I hope that you feel better soon. And if you guys need anything at all dont hesitate to ask Im right around the corner.
Love you
Julie
Congrats Kelli and of course Charles. I am gonna have a little brother or sister. Hope you feel better soon. I can't wait to see you guys sometime this fall. Take care of yourself. Love and miss you.
Kimmy
okay so...this blog thing made me laugh a lot. not that you were sick, but...your comments just always make me laugh, and might i say, out loud!! i'm so glad you are doing this, it keeps me updated on how you are doing, and being an aunt of this child i don't want to miss out. anyway, if you ever need a vacation you know you can always come stay with me. i love you and miss you like crazy. hope to see you soon. muah!!
Yay for the blog. I wish you the best of luck with everything. Remember you can call me anytime and I am there for you. Example- if you are craving ice cream and don't want to be alone.. i will do the tough job of eating it with you. Love you
Krista
Kelli belly, I'm so sorry you haven't been feeling well. But at least you have Charles to hold you. I'm also very proud that you're my daughter, I'm a lucky mom. Everyone, thanks for taking care of Kelli, you all mean a great deal to her. Love you!!!!!
i cannot say enough in a mere few worded statement, so i will rest my case with: i love you, and i wish the best for you and for charles. oh and this danish guy who has been hanging around (he likes to call himself Kristian) also extends a large hello and congratulations. a baby blog,what could be better....i hold my breath until the next.........and i will suck on a baby bottle as i am teething at the bit to read it.....
So I am very excited to watch you get SUPER fat and fluff at the dinner table! YAY!!! The fun to be had! I'm glad you are feeling better. Call me later! I love you~! Tell the little bambino Auntie Sonya loves him. You know it's a boy!
Post a Comment