Saturday, November 1, 2008

Tegan's First Halloween!

Sorry I've been so slow at updating!! I've been out of a blogging mood lately, but I finally got around to doing a new post...

Tegie's first Halloween went pretty well! We actually didn't take her trick-or-treating or anything, just dressed her up and stayed at the house and gave out candy while watching "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!" (One of my favorites!) Tegan and I also watched "The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad" yesterday, which is a classic!! I was so thrilled to see them actually air it on TV! Charles and the rest of his group was let out of training early yesterday so they could go home to their families for Halloween, so we ate some pizza and just had a nice family night for once! He's been so terribly busy with his training it's been hard to find time together. He normally doesn't get home until around 7, if he even gets to come home at all. This is also Tegan's bedtime so needless to say he barely gets to see her. Thankfully, his graduation is 1 week from Wednesday and he will be done with this crazy stuff. He is finished with the hard part so this last week shouldn't be too bad on him we hope. Unfortunately he is being sent back to MOS school to pick a different job. Apparently his time in Baltimore (uh, 3 months!) was a waste. The Army mistakenly put him with the unit he is in, then found out they don't even use people with his job. So instead of sending him somewhere else (and possibly moving!), they are just going to give him a different job and he can stay with his group. We're very happy about this!!! But not so much about him having to leave for another few months. We will cross that bridge when we get to it though.

Tegan is crawling like a maniac. She can practically run on her hands and knees. It's scary how quickly she catches up with me when I walk out of the room. I leave the living room to throw away trash, turn around, and she's at my feet. How does she do it?! I think she's getting ready to walk also. She is walking all around the room holding onto the furniture so I think it's just a matter of time before she ventures off on her own. She is growing like a weed everyday! Her new favorite activity is to bounce on her butt while she's sitting down. Usually while yelling. It's pretty entertaining to watch. I'll try to get it on video, but it's hard. Once she sees that camera she wants her hands on it. She turns 9 months old on Tuesday, Election day! Only 3 more months and my baby is going to be a year old. Please be prepared for me having occasional and more frequent panic attacks come February. I just can't believe she's already this big!! Ahhhh! Anyways, so today we went to get portraits done!! We took some family portraits and some Christmas portraits, as well as just some of Tegan by herself. She was such a HAM for the photographer!! Me and Charles can hardly get her to laugh that much! She literally grinned from ear to ear the entire time we were in there! We definitely got our money's worth! So, without further ado, here are some of our portraits and some Halloween shots as well! We aren't including the Christmas picture we ordered, it's a surprise! But it's adorable!!! :)



I mean, seriously? HAM!!!!



Still no teeth.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be sure you bring pictures to me when you come this weekend, they are soooo cute!!!! It's hard to decide which one I like the best. So bring them all. She sure is growing up too fast. She's crawling much faster than she was last time you were here. You're right, she'll be walking before long, then things will pick up. I love you and can't wait to see you this weekend. Mom

Anonymous said...

She is getting soooooo big!!! Wow it seems like just yesterday we were at Surin and you were telling us you were pregnant. Take Care and I miss you guys!

Katy said...

Are you kidding me with those pictures???? She is the cutest stinking thing I have ever seen. I would love to get my hands on her but I bet I couldn't keep up with her. :)

Trina said...

Oh. My. Word. What a cutie patootie she is!!!

roy/elisabeth dean said...

Soooooooo......you're coming to Hartselle this weekend? You are going to have to bring Tegan to see me! I'll most likely be at Belk.
She is so adorable, and I think maybe a bigger ham than Jess! She just needs to perfect the "head-tilt", it took Jessi about 14 years to get it right!
Love you!