Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas and a whole New Year...

I am finally getting around to posting about Christmas. We have been so busy I haven't had time to sit down and blog...but here I am alas. We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas morning here in TN so we could be here as a family, and let Tegan have her Christmas morning here! Santa came a little early and she got to open her presents Christmas Eve afternoon so that she would have time to play with them before leaving for AL Christmas Day. And she LOVES her presents! Yay for us! We made lots of stops in Birmingham to see Charles' family and friends, then headed to my mom's for our Christmas celebration on Friday. It was lots of fun as always and we all left with more presents than expected. Our little baby girl took her first steps on Dec. 26th!! She was standing in front of me by herself so I stuck my arms out and she took 3 little wobbly steps and fell into my arms. The only people who saw it were me and my mom, but Tegan was cooperative and showed off her new skills several more times before we left. She is now up to 5 steps at a time! And only 1 month until her 1st birthday!! Wow I just can't believe it. So proud of her!! Other than that, I don't think I have a whole lot to update. Oh yeah, and Charles taught her how to "high-five" today. I suppose that's a big accomplishment. haha! So here are some pictures of our holidays!

Tegan was NOT having Santa. At all.
it's a terrible picture, but you get the idea...

And this is her on the way back. Santa wore her OUT!

Opening her presents!With her bounce and spin zebra...

Grandma's house!
I promise Charles was there...he was the one taking these pictures. We actually have family pics on my mom's camera but I don't have them yet. Will post when I get them! :)And with her favorite toy of the night...ribbons.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! The pics are so cute. We sure did have a wonderful Christmas, I was so blessed to have my children home for it. Who knows where everyone will be next year. I'm a very happy Mom. I love all of you and pray we all have a blessed and happy new year. Love, Mom

Favorite auntie Sonya said...

Yay for baby steps! I may come and visit sometime in the next few weeks, just to get away for a bit.