It's been busy busy busy in the Lockett household the past couple of weeks!! Lots to update and little time to do it. So, here's my friday night! Went to the doctor last week and the baby is doing great, heart beat is strong! We find out July 27th what we're having. Can't wait to find out so I can really get into baby-mode. It still feels so surreal...I think it will really sink in once we find out what we're having and can pick out a name and nursery theme. All that fun stuff! Right now I'm in the process of finding some second-hand baby furniture to cut down on expenses. There's just so much baby stuff around this place with all the Army families here. It shouldn't be hard to find! My belly is starting to protrude a little bit. No one else notices much except me. I suppose because no one else feels my pants getting more snug by the day! I started feeling the baby move in the past week. Not really noticeable yet, but I do feel it when I lay down at night and stay still. Can I just say I'm SOOO ready for July 4th to be over with?? Not to sound unpatriotic, but there are probably 100 kids in our small neighborhood who have all been shooting off firewords EVERY NIGHT for over a week now. It's now 9:30pm and they've just gotten started for the night. I can look out the window and see at least 5 houses in my immediate view shooting them off. This does not make for a happy Tegan, who is at the moment being weaned from her paci. Ugh. It's hard enough to get her to fall asleep so I'd be very thankful if they'd let her stay that way. :) Wishful thinking...
In other news, per my last post, I've been looking for a way to make some extra $$$ to start getting baby stuff, etc, etc. I really didn't want to have to get back out there and find a "job" job, because I really enjoy getting to spend this time with Tegan. I realize everyday how quickly she's growing and it's hard to miss out on. So, with that in mind, I set out to try my skills in babysitting. Yes, I do have 1 child, but I wouldn't consider myself an expert babysitter by any means. But, nonetheless, I posted an ad for babysitting on Craigslist and with 48h hours found a willing family to lend me their children for a small fee. Tegan gets playmates, I get to stay
home, and I make money. Doesn't get much better than that in my book. I posted the ad on Thursday (last Thursday) and the kids started coming here on Monday. So, I've just finished my first week and I think it went pretty well. Introducing my newly acquired wee-ones....

First, there's Destonie (6 years old), then there's little Miracle (almost 2). I'm pretty sure the latter is at least 1/4 - 1/2 monster. She may look innocent in the picture, but please believe, she's a handful. Miracle does not believe, under any circumstance, in the power of sharing. Period. Destonie on the other hand is my little helper, although she tends to drive me bananas most hours of the day. She does not easily entertain herself, therefore tends to cling to me as her own personal source of minute-by-minute amusement. Their parents are both in the Army, so I watch them from 5am-5pm. Usually when the kids get here around 5 they go straight back to bed (notice I said "usually"). There are days when they refuse to sleep in and promptly march downstairs at 6am. This makes for a long day. All in all it's working out well...they come Monday-Friday so it's full-time, but I still get to spend time with Tegan, so it's worth it! I'll end my post with some new pics finally! Enjoy!

Tegan's last day with her paci!

My 2 little monsters somewhat behaving.
This is Tegan's new favorite game to play with Dada...
Dada sticks his face in the rails, Tegan pushes it away. Proceed to giggles...




Tegan's usual spot watching her Winnie the Pooh.
Pool time!!!
I just love her!

My baby girl knocked out after a hard day of playing in the pool. Here, she is snoring like a baby Pug. So cute.

Tegan and Dada relaxing.

Tegan and I at Charles' family fun day on post.

I can pull her hair back now...wow.

2 comments:
What some cute pics. Happy 4th of July to you also, we sure did miss you today. We had too much food, but it sure was good. It was just a little too hot, but we had a nice breeze at times. Happy birthday to you a little early. Can't believe you will be 25 on Mon. Love you and hope to see you soon. Mom
Happy 25th birthday, Kelli! Here's me sending you 25 hugs:) We spent our 4th celebrating Adam's 25th ~ 25 years ago today your Mom and I stood at the hospital nursery window watching you and Adam, our precious newborns ~ even today we realize how blessed we are to have such wonderful children (you'll always be our babies). Blessings and great love to you all, Cindy
Post a Comment