Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Tis a New Year...

It's been a reaaaally busy month. Christmas, New Years, etc. Christmas was great! Charles and I went down to my mom's house for Christmas Eve and Charles got to meet the rest of the crazy family for the first time. And we came out alive, so all went well. My mom gave us a camcorder, and once I figure out how to transfer the footage to the computer I can actually add video to my blog. Wish me luck with that because so far it hasn't gone too well. I'm not so good with that part of computers. But I can draw it, so there. :) We went over to see Charles' grandparents Christmas day then we stopped by his Dad's for a little grub. And WOW they had a TON of food! It was a pretty big party actually..at least 30+ people in one house. So we didn't stay too long, we didn't really know many of the people. And that was our Christmas!







Christmas picture!







On to the gifts...
Charles gave me an AMAZING robe from victoria's secret for Christmas...with matching slippers. I swear I would stay in that robe if it was allowed in our dress code at work. It's SOOO soft! At least I'll be nice and cozy at the hospital. I also got a new cell phone from him that I LOVE! My old one was slowly making the transition into contemporary paper weight, so it was a nice surprise! Charles asked Santa for a Playstation, and since he was a good boy this year, that's what he got. Our days of going out with friends, etc. has been rapidly replaced with movie renting and game playing. And soon, baby playing!! Ohh yes, speaking of the little one...she had a pretty good Christmas too! She got a bouncer from her Uncle Kevin, new outfits and some diapers! And yes, she's excited about the diapers. I got a really cool music box from my grandmother that plays 50 songs (one of the old style ones with the bells and little wheel with the bumps?!) Hopefully someone remembers what I'm talking about. Anyways, I've been trying to find somewhere to put it. I tried above the fireplace on the mantle, but it's too big. Oddly enough, I read that babies really like them, so I think it's about to make a home in Tegan's room. I think she'll like it. I always liked them!

New Years was good! I unfortunately had to go to my great grandmother's funeral that day, but when I got back we had a cookout and lots of friends stopped by! It was a late afternoon cookout so by the time the ball dropped it was just me and Charles toasting with some sparkling grape juice! Which brings me to today...Just over 1 month until my due date! I had my weekly checkup today (down going every week now!) so they checked me for Group B Strep (i'll get the results next time). The doc said everything looks good and that Tegan is facing head down and isn't EXPECTED to turn. You never know..she's pretty crazy. So hopefully she will stay that way for another 5 weeks. That's about it for now! Only 5 weeks to go...

3 comments:

Katy said...

Kelli you look so beautiful. I can't believe you're almost done (I'm so jealous!). I cannot wait to see that baby girl...she is going to be so gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Tegan? I really like that name! That's awesome!
And that music box sounds FANTASTIC. I'm not an infant myself, and haven't been in the last 19 years, but I can tell you I think those are pretty much one of the best inventions ever made. Better than sliced bread at least.
I'm sure Tegan will love it (and you guys too)!

Favorite auntie Sonya said...

I like the new picture! Good thing your best friend gave you that cute shirt! :) I need to give you your hospital bag soon!! It has lots of goodies you will need for the hospital stay. Want to have a girls day before I leave for IL? Maybe next weekend?