Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My New Project...

As most of you can imagine, I was pretty distraught about having to paint over Tegan's nursery. Natalie and I spent many hours painting her mural and it was heartbreaking to have to get rid of it. Her room just doesn't look right without her Pooh bear watching over her as she sleeps. So, with that in mind, I had to do something. Simple solutions come to mind after spending 5 years in art school. Hooray for that. Idea #1) (which I should have done to begin with!!) paint things that can be framed and moved. Duh. Yes, I know people told me to do that to begin with, but whatever. The mural was awesome while it lasted. With that said, I have spent the last few days working on new decor for her sweet little nursery. In the form of watercolor paintings! Woohoo for art-ing once again...how I miss it! I was never much of a fan of watercolor but I think I have found a new fondness for it! I did 1 large painting and 4 smaller ones. The big one is 22"x30" and the smaller ones are 11"x15". They look pretty good I think! I just have to buy frames for them then I'll add photos of the nursery. I hope she likes them! :) (in case you didn't know, you can click on the pictures to see a larger view!) Let me know what you think of them!

This is the big one
Of course, the mural had to be reincarnated.

I think these last 2 are my favorites! (they coincidentally come from my 2 favorite stories)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sure am glad all that schooling is paying off!!! It all looks wonderful, I can't wait to see them framed & hanging up in her room. Love you all Mom