Tuesday, August 19, 2008

White-cheeked gibbons and scooting...

This past weekend we took a family trip to the Nashville Zoo! Hooray for Tegan's first zoo trip! It was a beautiful day! Lately we've been having some awesomely cool weather for August which has made getting out and about tolerable. Not only does Tegan get grouchy in hot weather, but that makes two of us! I hate it. Unless I'm at the beach! So we spent the day there and Tegan thoroughly enjoyed it. She especially loved the "white-cheeked gibbons" (which I'm posting a video below). I think she liked them because they made awesome noises.



And she's had enough...

About two-thirds through our sight-seeing, Tegan decided she had enough, so we layed down the back of her stroller and she took a nap as Charles and I finished our trip. The drive really isn't bad at all! I think it took us less than an hour to get there, so it's definitely a nice day trip. Next weekend we are going to try to go to Land Between the Lakes. It looks like a lot of fun, but I'm not real sure how much we will actually be able to do with Tegan. But we're up for the challenge.

Tegan goes to the doctor next Tuesday! Big day! Her (belated) 6 month check-up! She has grown up so fast I just can't believe it. Her babbling just cracks me up these days. I swear she has multiplied her vocabulary 10 fold in the past month. She just talks constantly. I love it! She is also sitting up by herself these days. (not pulling herself up yet) I just have to set her down in a sitting position and she'll stay that way. This is exciting because it means i don't have to lug her carrier EVERYWHERE! I think she can probably sit in a grocery cart now without it (I hope at least!). She started scooting last night! Very minimally, but she is moving. Charles got it on our video camera, but I haven't imported that yet, so it's not on my computer. I'll try to take a little video with my camera and post it. The only problem with all of this is if she sees the camera she stops EVERYTHING. So trying to capture her doing this takes skill. Skill that I haven't acquired yet. Other than that, I suppose that's all the big milestones we've come across lately. She's still chomping away on gerber baby food. No teeth yet. Me and her did try to go to church this past weekend. Well, let me rephrase. We went to church. I took her to the nursery. I sat down in the sanctuary. The nursery worker came to get me 5 minutes into the service. I proceeded to spend the rest of the service with Tegan in the nursery. She apparently has a bit of separation anxiety these days. I suppose it is to be expected...there were 4 other babies in there, all who were at least crawling. I think it was a little overwhelming to have those kids all over her. But once I got in there she calmed down. I think next week will be much better.




Sleepy head...

Going to church....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe hoe big she has gotten!!! All of a sudden she's sitting up and talking [ well a little] I can't wait to see ya'll Labor Day. I need a Tegan fix, I think I'm having withdrawls. Love the video of her, a star in the making. Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

I should have proofed my spelling before I sent that comment, I do know how to spell. Mom

Favorite auntie Sonya said...

I can't believe your mother just called your child a hoe!! HAHAHA She takes after you! I can't wait to see you guys in two weeks!

the Natalie said...

... i can't decide which video i like more ... tree monkeys or the banging monkey girl ... can we switch the audio between the 2 ? that might work best. ; )

Anonymous said...

Are you sure thats not rachel baker swingin from those trees? sure does sound like her laugh ;) misssssss youuuuuuu!-your wifey