Monday, September 8, 2008

Riverfest in Clarksville

The most exciting thing to come to Clarksville thus far is sadly what they refer to as "Riverfest". Basically, it's a music/art & crafts/food/randomness thrown together and called a festival. We (Candice, Julie, Tegan and I) mostly saw the following:

1) bad music (okay, we didn't SEE it, we heard it)
2) no arts or crafts
3) lots of food vendors, which does not surprise me in the least given 90% of the businesses in Clarksville are fast food restaurants
4) no less than 9,426 strollers (most occupying at least one screaming child)
5) dance teams (the spectrum ranging from slightly less than terrible to morbidly terrible, but entertaining nonetheless).

I must say it's not what I was anticipating, but all in all it was pretty fun. Especially since it was absolutely free! There was also a petting zoo which was probably the highlight of the whole event for us. Tegan got to see a llama, a bunny, some goats, chickens and a donkey. The good part about it, other than it being free, was that the weather was great! It was the first bout of cool weather we've had so far and it felt wonderful! Here are some pics from the adventure plus some other recent ones...
And a rambling for those interested...

Do you ever notice that really strange dreams are always perceived as perfectly normal within the dream itself? For example: In said dream, you are riding on the back of a three-headed turkey (saddled and all) who is burrowing its way to the center of the earth where there is a secret stash of chocolate flavored MoonPies. All the while, everyone else in the dream including you perceives this as perfectly normal behavior. Yet you wake up thinking you may need to contact the nearest psychiatric hospital for evaluation. I have been plagued with strange dreams lately, none of which have starred turkeys or MoonPies, but I was just curious if I was the only one who had noticed this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwwww yay for llama!!! we had tooooo much fun with you all in ol clarksville and will be coming back for some bad o'charleys service...

we miss tegan lots already and i miss the nintendo 64 a lot too.

we loooove you allll

-candice and julie

roy/elisabeth dean said...

OMG!!! I dream about Moon Pies all the time! The banana kind!
Tegan is getting more beautiful every day. I can't wait to get my hands on her again! I hope you are enjoying Clarksville (Years ago, I was offered the Belk store there and declined. I probably would have loved Riverfest, or anywhere that people dance worse than me! Love you, Ms. Elisabeth

the Natalie said...

hey !! no fair ! Tegan did not invite me to play with her friends candice and julie !? wtf. i guess i'll just have to plan a secret meeting with Tegan myself. it will involve lots of sleeping, cookies, and sleeping. kelli, you can come, too.....
i hear ya on the 3-headed turkey dreams my friend. the predominant majority of my time in new york state has been filled with sleepless nights and/or wackey-dream-filled nights, of which i have to spend the entire day following them convincing myself that they are not real.... ex. 3:14pm wednesday - what !? i didn't chase a small duck around at my grandmother's house with all of my high school friends last night !?!