Sunday, February 15, 2009

1st birthday!

Tegan is now officially a "toddler". Wow what a year it's been. She has so much personality for such a small person. In the past few months she has started to be quite sassy. It's hard to describe but she is definitely a very independent child. She does not like to be forced into anything. Period. And she has no qualms with announcing that fact. But she is also very sweet and kind and funny. She loves to bring you all of her toys to show you, and she loves to give hugs and kisses. And most of all she loves to dance. She definitely takes after Charles in that matter. I couldn't have imagined the amount of joy and happiness she brings to our family. She is such a blessing and we're so thankful to have little Tegan in our life. So without further ado, her 1st birthday party was quite fun! My mom came up and we had our friends Linda and Jace (from previous post) over. They bough her some new jammies and some stacking blocks and some little plastic blocks that connect to each other. She also got books and DVDs and finger paint (no, she will not be playing with this just yet!!) and lots of other goodies! We made chocolate cupcakes with chocolate icing and pink sprinkles for the occasion, and Tegan LOVED it. Not quite as much as Jace, but she loved it! My mom brought her new wagon up here, so we took her for a stroll around the neighborhood and she didn't quit grinning the whole trip. It's a pretty fancy wagon, complete with cupholders and seat backs with seatbelts. Way more fancy than what we had! We also went to the park on post and Tegan got to swing and go down the slides for the first time (with me holding her). I suppose that's about all I have to update, but we did take lots of pictures....
Before.After.
Before.After.


Blowing kisses!
She hates it when I take her toys. :)HAHAHA I just love this picture!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Tegan, its hard to believe a year WOW. How are you feeling Kelli, heard you were sick?Tegan looks adorable. Kelli there so many more first still to come, it never gets old.
Love you
Marguerite

Anonymous said...

Gosh, I wonder who took all those wonderful pictures? I sure did have a wonderful time with ya'll last week, just wished you lived a little closer. But, saying that, I'm glad you are where you are. Could be a lot worse. Can't wait for you to come home and we'll have a big birthday party! Love to you all and kisses from Gammy.

Sonya said...

Can't wait to come and see you guys in 4 days!! Yay for a girls weekend!