Monday, July 27, 2009

It's a GIRL!

In case anyone has heard already, we had our ultrasound this morning! And it's another GIRL! :)

We're so excited...the ultrasound tech said as far as she can tell everything looks good. Only problem is the baby was laying tummy-down so they could view where the umbilical cord connects to the baby so I may have to go in at a later date for them to check that, but that's only because of the baby's position, not because there's something wrong. So all is well!

It's about time for me to start organizing the spare bedroom and cleaning out baby clothes from Tegan's room. She has an entire dresser that is being used solely for clothing that is too small for her. So, we are moving the dresser into the baby's room and putting a good bit of the clothing in the garage for later use. Still have to find somewhere for the computer...who knows where. The dining room is looking pretty promising at the moment. Other than that, I already got a pack-n-play. We never really needed one with Tegan since my mom already has one, but I found a cute one at a yard sale for a good deal. That pretty much leaves me with a crib, mattress and bedding left to buy. Tegan's crib is a 3-stage crib, so it will convert to a toddler bed here very soon. I'm hoping to purchase another one like it, so I've kept my eyes open for one on the army post's yard sale website. And still have to nail down a baby name...we already have 1 in mind in particular, but have to match it with a middle name. Tegan is doing well with the news (ha!)...I told her mommy has a baby in her belly and Tegan proceeded to lift my shirt and put her baby doll under it. Yes, clearly she gets it. :) Perhaps by the time the baby gets here...

That's all for now! Keeps us in your prayers!

3 comments:

Sonya said...

I guess I will leave you a comment, even though you never leave me one! :) I'm am so happy for you! A little girl! Can't wait to start shopping for her! :)

Anonymous said...

If anyone can shop, it's Sonya. We're both glad it's a little girl. She'll have a good big sister in Tegan. Love, Mom

the Natalie said...

that is truly amazing that Tegan lifted your shirt and put the baby doll under it... beautiful !!! and what a photo!! Do you have this photo of T printed out in black and white ? Very lovely !!!
I wish you health and happiness, love, and hope to see you soooooooooon !!
It's a girrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl !!! :)