Monday, October 8, 2007

The Nursery...

Work on the nursery has officially begun! Charles and I got started painting this past weekend...a pale yellow color (officially "cornsilk"). I'm so excited and can't wait to get this part done! We moved all of the furniture out of the room...so my computer now occupies the living room. Not exactly what we had in mind, but we ran out of options since the dining room doesn't have a phone outlet and there's just not enough room in the bedroom now that we had to move a recliner in there. I suppose the only room left was the bathroom, and last I checked there aren't any outlets there either. Oh well...feels like the apt in montevallo now. I just can't imagine what we would have done if we hadn't gotten a 2 bedroom by accident. I believe Someone had us in good graces that day...

I still have a few places to touch up, but it's for the most part finished. Natalie (being the fabulous artist that she is) has decided to undertake the task of helping me paint the mural in the nursery. Classic Pooh is the theme...as in, pre-Disney, straight from A. A. Milne's original books. The long wall is going to be the whole gang yanking Pooh from Rabbit's hole, after getting stuck. The other wall by the door is going to be Pooh floating up on a balloon with Eeyore down below. The crib bedding is going to be pink and chocolate brown. It's going to look so cute I might start sleeping in there. :) Though I'm not sure I'd fit in the crib.

The baby showers are going to be underway VERY soon, thanks to the best friends and family anyone could ask for! I have already received 4 pink baby outfits and they're all so adorable! I just can't wait to meet this little thing that is SO restless. I can't believe how much she moves around and kicks...to be so small she packs quite a punch.

Less than 4 months to go....

Oh yeah, and can I share the fact that my crazy dreams have NOT gotten any more normal? Last night, I was a superhero. Yeah, the secret is out. Unfortunately my only power was that I could fall off of buildings and NOT die. Apparently that's in high demand these days. Go figure I wouldn't wind up with a cool super-power.

1 comments:

Favorite auntie Sonya said...

Awww!! Your belly picture makes me laugh!!! I mean I CANT stop laughing! What are your plans for this weekend? Wanna hang out with the best this weeekend??