Thursday, December 6, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

It's now December and things are coming along smoothly! I'm a few weeks into my 3rd trimester (i'm 31 weeks along...and exactly 2 months til my due date). I've been feeling good, but I can definitely tell she's gaining weight. I feel heavy and it's getting more uncomfortable to sleep now. I've been keeping Charles up..but he's a good sport! My glucose test came back okay! No problems there. I just started going to the doctor every 2 weeks and will continue that until my last month, then I start going every week. Charles and I picked a doctor for the delivery. Dr. Bill Hudson. We did have a different doctor, but so far we've only met him once, which was my first time in. So, we decided to go with the one we've seen the most and feel the most comfortable with. I understand the reasoning behind seeing all of the doctors in the practice (in case someone else is on call and your doc can't make it) but WOW, it would be nice to see the doctor you're supposed to see at least twice before it's time to deliver. I don't think that's asking too much.

The nursery is looking TOO cute these days. We got a dresser in there and I put away all of her clothes so now all I have left to get is a changing table, or at least something else to put all of her diaper stuff in. Right now it's occupying half the floor.

Did I mention Charles and I are SO excited and can't wait to meet this little bundle of energy that's been dancing and prancing around in my belly the last 7 months? She's getting big. When she "kicks" now, it's more like an undulation of my entire belly. I just can't believe how active she is.

Charles and I went to Gatlinburg last weekend for a little "babymoon" which was GREAT! We rented a cabin for the weekend, fully equipped with a hot tub and a heart-shaped jacuzzi. It was so nice to get away for a while...the weather was beautiful! We used the fireplace the whole time we were there. As far as sight-seeing went, we mostly walked around and looked in the little shops. We also went to the Ripley's Aquarium and the Guinness Book of World Records museum. All-in-all it was a really good mini-vacation. So I'm including some pics of our trip...enjoy!
Gatlinburg, TN









































































Nursery pictures!



















































































1 comments:

Katy said...

You look SO precious, like you shoved a beach ball up your shirt! I love your nursery. You are talented, lady!