Friday, March 7, 2008

1 month old!












So precious!


Tegan is enjoying life in her new world so far. She especially loves nighttime. Grr. Yes, yes. Day time is for sleep, and nighttime is for play..she has decided. And what she says goes. Needless to say, I'm absolutely exhausted. I've forgotten what sleeping feels like. I try to nap every time she does, but it's becoming impossible. I do have to eat breakfast and lunch at some point, which usually coincides with her finally going to sleep. I feel like it will get better soon though. She still wakes up about 5-6 times a night, but she's only feeding 1-2 times a night now. So perhaps once she just gets used to sleeping in longer stretches it will be easier. Right now she just wakes up and can't soothe herself back to sleep. Poor thing. :) Charles helps as much as he can, but since he has to go to work and he doesn't have what she wants (milk!!), then basically there isn't a whole lot he can do.

At her 2 week check-up, she was 9lbs! The doctor said she was the healthiest breastfed baby he'd seen in a long time. I think he was calling her fat. haha! We don't go back until Mar. 14th (6 weeks old) and I can tell when I pick her up that she's getting heavier and heavier! Wow!

My best bud Candice came back from Colorado March 3rd and since she hadn't met Tegan yet, she decided she wanted to throw Tegan her 1 month birthday party! So in true fashion, Candice, Julie and I had mini-cupcakes and pink Princess party hats! I took pictures so I'll add them asap. It was so much fun we decided that afterward we all needed a nap. Parties are exhausting.











Oh yeah, she was excited!!













Weeee! Party Time!!


I spent the weekend at my mom's house since Charles had drill all weekend. Tegan had her first trip to church this past weekend as well...she was so good, she didn't make a peep the whole time. She just sat in her carrier awake and bright-eyed, just taking in all the new sights and sounds. We also went shopping for Tegan some bigger clothes since I know she's going to outgrow everything soooo fast! She's already filling out her 0-3 month onesies. Crazy.

Next week is my last week of leave, which is sad, but it was really fun to get to spend so much time with Tegan. We've enjoyed the 6 weeks of craziness. I just hope the daycare is good to her! They better be or Charles might hurt someone. :)

0 comments: