Monday, March 24, 2008

Tegan's 1st Easter

Easter was fantastic! Charles, Tegan and I went down to Prattville to stay with my mom Saturday night for the big Easter celebration. We went to a cookout with the Arkle family (Tegan's Godparent's) on Saturday afternoon and ate entirely too much. Our families have known each other since before I was born and all of us kids grew up together, so they've always been "family" to us...so in a sense, we kind of had a family reunion! It was great to see everyone and we all ate until we couldn't move! Tegan enjoyed seeing all the new faces and she was very upset that she didn't get to have any carrot cake! I don't blame her...I felt bad, so I ate some extra just for her. :)

Sunday we went to church with my family then had a cookout with just my immediate family. (My mom, stepdad, grandmother, brother, Charles, Tegan and me!) My brother finally got to enjoy some time with his niece! I think Charles survived the overwhelming family weekend just fine. By Sunday night we were all pretty exhausted though.

I'm not sure if I've put this in the blog anywhere, but Tegan has started smiling! And it is SOOO cute and just absolutely melts my heart! So guess what? She decided to be a show-off in her pretty Easter dress and we got a picture of it!
















She is so stinkin' cute!
I think she knew the Easter bunny was coming!

My mom got her an Easter basket with Cadbury eggs (I think those were for me!), chocolate bunnies, and "101 Dalmations" DVD..the original Disney version! She was pretty excited about it! I was too I must admit!

Her first week at daycare went well...I think she's handling it way better than me! I miss her so much by the end of the day I can hardly stand it! But we're adjusting well...

I'll leave off with our Easter pictures! Enjoy!























































































1 comments:

Katy said...

You guys make such a beautiful family! I love Tegan's dress!