Monday, July 28, 2008

Sweet potatoes and haircuts...

Such a good weekend we had! As you can see by the title, big things happened this weekend. My mom and brother came up for a visit...their first time in wonderful Clarksville. We decided that since Tegan has been sporting a 'fro for a good 2 months now, it is time for her to get a haircut.
See the baby 'fro?

As cute as it was, it was just a mess. So there is a before picture. My mom brought her haircutting stuff and we all got trims. Baby girl did pretty good with the whole process. Except at the very beginning when she tried to eat the cape and got a mouthful of hair clippings. After that, we decided stripping her down to her pampers would be easier than trying to keep the cape out of her mouth. A few distractions later, she had much shorter curls and looked like a whole new baby!
Look at that Buddha belly. Wow!

Tegan was VERY excited about her new style!

My mom and I spent most of the weekend hanging wall decorations and getting some of my art framed finally! The house looks much better now! We all went to eat at Red Lobster Friday night, then Charles and I cooked dinner Saturday night, which I must say was a big hit! We cooked Bang Bang shrimp and cajun chicken with mushrooms, tomatoes, and alfredo sauce. Yummmy! Tegan decided that didn't please her, so she had sweet potatoes. Or should I say her outfit had sweet potatoes? We gave up on the bib that day because she found the pink and white polka dots more interesting than the food.

A cute picture of Tegan in the adorable outfit Mama Cindy got her! Love it!

And one of her hanging out with her Uncle Kevin!

2 comments:

Favorite auntie Sonya said...

I'm sorry I missed seeing you guys this weekend! NO fun! I finally updated my blog and am going to try and update once a week or so!!

Jennifer said...

I can't believe you cut those cute curls off. I liked her baby mohawk of curls!