Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Monday Monday...

Little Tegan started daycare yesterday. So sad...

I had to take her to the pediatrician for her shots first thing Monday morning. That was no fun. Less fun for her than me. She got 2 shots in each thigh and an oral dose of another vaccine. She did so good though! When the nurse gave her the first shot, Tegan immediately looked up at me with a quivering bottom lip and let out a big cry (which, yes, made me cry) but by the last shot she had quit crying and didn’t make another sound. They warned me that she might run a fever along with a few other side effects. So I got her some medicine and started to run a fever while she was at daycare. She still had one last night but today she’s doing much better. A little fever and runny poop won’t hold this little one down! She slept all day yesterday at daycare (I think the medicine made her drowsy) but by the time bedtime rolled around, guess who wanted to play? Yep.
So Tegan and I had play time from 1am to about 5 or, oh wait, I went to work. That’s right..I didn’t go back to bed. I forgot. :) I’m a little on the drowsy side today but I suppose I’ll get used to it. I think my body has pretty much adjusted to getting only 2-4 hours of sleep a night. I really don’t feel as bad as I thought I would.

Tegan isn’t the only one who was under the weather this week. Sunday I came down with some random bug or whatever...woke up, ate breakfast, got sick, stayed nauseated, got dizzy, almost passed out, ran a fever, had a headache, and was SUPER achy. I thought I was getting the flu. I drank some Theraflu and took some tylenol and by last night I was feeling a good bit better. And today I feel 75% normal I guess. So WOOHOO for not catching the flu. I’m pretty sure they were going to fire me if I called in my first day back to work!

So back to the daycare part...

Ahhh it was SO hard to leave her there!!! I could hardly say bye to her and just had to hand her back to the teacher before I made a complete idiot of myself. I heard Tegan say “don’t leave me!!”. Yes, it’s a miracle that at 6 weeks she talks, I know. So, of course, I cried all the way to work. Then teared up several more times thinking about it. Luckily I have an awesome boss who let me slip out a little early knowing I was having a rough day, so I got to see her an hour early. Today is better but I still miss her! Until next time...

Here's a pic of us at the doc's office..she's wearing Charles' sunglasses...

1 comments:

Katy said...

She is SO cute!!! I can't believe she's 6 weeks old already. I can't believe she has grown so fast. I can't imagine Sam even fitting in his 0-3 month clothes yet, they all seem so huge! I'm sorry you're having a rough time going back to work. I hope it gets easier! She's such a sweet little munchkin!