Saturday, June 28, 2008

And there you have it.

So Charles and I took a trip to our new stomping ground yesterday. Oh, how lovely it is. NOT! Let me see if I can describe it...

There was a LOT of this...

And a LOT of this...

Tons of this...And at least one of these that was equipped with the phrase "Country Cadillac." I'm not even close to exaggerating.In case you're one who does better with words than illustrations, I'll give you a brief synopsis. There were, exactly, 11 million McDonalds, Taco Bells, Burger Kings and every other fast food establishment you can think. Throw in as many regular restaurants as you prefer, I don't care...I just know we saw a lot of them. Several Wal-Marts. A mall..which I'll add was NOT close to the base. A lot of barbershops. A lot of tattoo parlors. Realtors out the ears. And apartments for that matter. The landscape goes something like this... Corn. Wheat. Fields. Corn. Wheat. Fields. Corn. Wheat. Fields. You think you get the idea? Scratch that. Keep going... Corn. Wheat. Fields. Multiply that by about 50 and you're getting close. Call me pessimistic but I'm being as positive about it as possible. It truly makes Birmingham and Hoover look like Paradise. We clocked the distance at about 250 miles, which took us 3 1/2 hours from Hoover. Not too bad, but it definitely felt MUCH longer. We did find a house though, which was our main purpose in going. Here are the pics off the realtors website.

It's 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath approximately 15 min. from base. It has a lovely little back deck as you can see. No, the red car is not included. Nor is the lawnmower. Speaking of lawns, this picture does not do it justice. There isn't any actual grass. It is prickly sticker grass/weeds. Whatever you choose to call it. We like the house actually. The rest of the place is pretty "Podunk". And if you don't know what Podunk means, let me define it for you. "Podunk: A small, one horsed town without technology besides the one, harder than concrete, orange truck that EVERYONE uses." That pretty much sums up our visit. And we might be moving sooner than usual. The house is actually vacant right now, meaning if we want that house, we start paying rent July 1st. Which is KIND OF a problem, consider we have to pay rent at our current residence as well. Plus the deposit for the house, which is 1 month's rent. Follow me? 3 rents= 1 month. Yikes. I'll keep you posted on how this proceeds...

1 comments:

Katy said...

Awww honey! :(
I hope KY pleasantly surprises you. Maybe Charles can work on your yard and get rid of the stickers. Your house is super cute! At least you will have lots of fresh corn to eat. :)