Yes, it's true. We did not get lucky in the Army base raffle. We, unfortunately, are going to Kentucky. Ugh! Not excited about it. I mean seriously... #1-Seattle. #2- Colorado Springs. Where in there do you see Kentucky listed? That's what I thought. Someone needs to go back to geography class. ANYWAYS...
It is what it is and we'll make the best of it. So far, here are the good things I have been able to list:
1. It's only 4 hours from Birmingham (or 5 hours from my family in Montgomery/Prattville). It's literally straight up I-65 through Tennessee and it straddles the TN/KY line. 1 hour from Nashville.
2. We're still close to the coast. It sounds way better than Kansas or Oklahoma.
3. Our friend Sean is stationed there as well. So we know 1 person. And that means Auntie Sonya will come visit us lots!
4. Horsies.
5. They have grass that's blue. Oh wait, that's not entirely true, but it still sounds fun.
6. I have Charles and Tegan.
7. It's not Fort Drum, NY and it won't be -30 degrees in the Winter.
8. It will snow on us!!! YAY!!
9. That's about it so far.
Fort Campbell, KY is going to be our new home. Our tentative report date is August 8th. (only 19 more days until Charles comes back!!) I think we are planning on taking a trip up there to look at houses and whatnot. I've looked at a lot online and I think our best bet is renting a house. Maybe we'll buy one when we're a little more financially stable and more sure of what we're going to be doing the next few years. Who knows. But so far, I've found some 3-4 bedroom houses that we can afford to rent and there are a ton around there. The base is huge. I mean, HUGE. Like 30,000 active-duty. So add families to that and that means a pretty substantial population. If anyone wants to read up a little more on it, here's the Wiki site.
So far, Tegan and I are enjoying the stay-at-home stuff. She's been keeping me company and helping out around the house. I pick up toys and she throws them down. I do laundry and she goes through 3 bibs a day. See? She's helpful. We took a walk today...I put her in the little sling and walked around the block. It would have been a lot more fun if it wasn't 9 trillion degrees outside. I was supposed to take a trip to the beach this weekend, but my poor friend Sonya is not feeling well. (Please say some prayers that she'll get better VERY very soon!) My mom was going to watch Tegan and I think I still might take her up on it. Sleeping in for a weekend and being a pool-bum sounds fantastic right about now!
What else, what else...
Little Tegie-Poo is getting so BIG!! We figure she weighs in at about 17 lbs. now. She goes to the doctor next week for her 4 month check-up so we'll find out for sure. Here's a video of the little monster playing on the couch with Daddy over Memorial Day weekend...
Wordless Wednesday 04/11/2012
14 years ago
2 comments:
I'm so excited for you and your family!! I LOVE the video of Charles and the little monster!! So cute!
I feel that baking in the sun would be a great cure! I'm at least willing to give it a try! If Sean doesn't come this weekend, consider me a weekend roommate! Yay!
Post a Comment